- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound ground bison meat (if bison is too brazen for you, substitute with ground beef)
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stocks, diced
- 2 15oz. cans of diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste (or minced garlic)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Finely dice the onion. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot. Sauté onion and garlic paste for about a minute. Add in meat and sauté until brown.
Place the diced potatoes and celery in the pot with the cooked meat. Add in beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken stock. Add in spices and stir to combine.
Simmer covered on low for about 45 minutes to an hour so that the vegetables can get tender. If sauce is too thin, uncover and cook until sauce is reduced.
Serve with your favorite chili toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeños or diced green onions.